The opioid epidemic is a public health emergency in Arizona. According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, an estimated 6,700 possible opioid overdoses have been reported between June 15, 2017 and March 22, 2018, with as many as 16 percent of them fatal. From prescription opioid overuse to abuse of illegally produced opioids like heroin and fentanyl, the epidemic is damaging families across all demographics in our state.
It’s likely you know someone who is affected by opioid use disorder. AHCCCS, as the administrator of a Federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) grant, has increase treatment options.
24/7 Access To Treatment
Arizona now has five agencies providing opioid treatment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to serve individuals who need immediate access to treatment services and connections to ongoing services.
- Southwest Behavioral Health Services, Kingman Recovery and Observation Unit 1301 W. Beale Street, Kingman, AZ 86401, 928-263-6515
- West Yavapai Guidance Clinic, Crisis Stabilization Unit 8655 E. Eastridge Drive, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314, 928-445-5211
- Community Medical Services 2301 W. Northern Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021, 602-866-9378
- Community Bridges, East Valley Addiction Recovery Center 560 S. Bellview, Mesa, AZ 85204, 480-461-1711
- CODAC Health, Recovery and Wellness 380 E. Ft. Lowell Road, Tucson, AZ 85705, 520-202-178
Crisis, Treatment and Support Resources
Services are available to residents in every Arizona county.
If you live in Maricopa County:
- Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care Member Services:
602-586-1841 or 1-800-564-5465
- Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care Crisis Line:
602-222-9444 or 1-800-631-1314
Stand Together and Recover Centers (STAR) facilitates an opioid support group for ages 18 and older on Wednesdays, 6-7 pm at STAR, 2502 E Washington St. Phoenix, AZ 85034. There is no fee and no referral needed. Call 602-231-0071 for more information.
If you live in Yavapai, Gila, Mohave, Coconino, Navajo or Apache Counties:
- Health Choice Integrated Care Customer Service:
- Health Choice Integrated Care Crisis Line:
If you live in La Pa, Yuma, Pinal, Pima, Graham, Greenlee, Cochise or Santa Cruz Counties:
- Cenpatico Integrated Care Customer Service:
- Cenpatico Integrated Care Crisis Line:
Download a printable Getting Help for opioid misuse, abuse or dependence flier to share.